Hello readers! One year ago, Flinntrospection went live on the world wide web. So for our blogiversary, I’m taking a look back at some of the posts we’ve all enjoyed over the past year, and giving you a sneak peek into my plans for 2017. If you’re new to the blog, this post will also provide a nice little summary of what you’ll find here on Flinntrospection!
My First Post
This post, “hello and welcome“, went live on Boxing Day 2016. I was so nervous to release my writing into the world! We’ve come a long way since then, but it’s fun to look back and gain perspective on the journey.
Physics Studies & Academic Life
In case you missed it, I studied physics at university. (I know, I know, I’m nuts.) I’ve written a few posts on the topic:
- Why I Studied Physics
- Study Tips: Three That Worked for Me
- Why High School Math Sucks
- University Decisions I’m Glad I Made
- Why Learn to Code?
- My transition from school to corporate life: Physics at Tim Hortons?
Young Professional Thoughts & Tips
I’ve been in the working world for almost two years. I’m in no position to provide definitive advice yet, but here are some thoughts I’ve shared on the topic here on the blog.
- Business Jargon That Needs to Stop
- On Ambition: Finding Your Top of the Heap
- Email Etiquette Pet Peeves Part 1 and Part 2
- Outlook Like a Boss: 3 Simple Tips
- How to Deal with Poor Memory at Work
- The Ten Commandments for Better Digital Organization
My Fitness Journey
I hesitate to call it a “journey” at this point, but looking back a year ago, I’m surprised by how far I’ve come! This blogiversary is a great chance to reflect — especially since everything is documented! I’ll put these in chronological order:
- Why I Fail at Fitbit
- Zumba Class Reflections
- 3 Reasons Hiking is my Favourite Hobby for Exercise
- Morning Yoga: Why I Love It Already
- Accidental Adventures in Circuit Training
- 30 Days of Yoga: Lessons Learned
- Getting On The Wagon with Tone It Up
Products & Apps I Love
At this point in my blogging journey, I’m not getting sponsored by companies to write posts or reviews. If I’ve told you great things about a product, program, or application, it’s because I’m genuinely a big fan!
- How I Quit Nail-Biting Using Apps
- Planner Love: My Search for the Perfect Agenda
- Todoist: My New Favourite Productivity App
- Why I Love IKEA Dates
Writing, Grammar, and the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)
The whole point of this blog was to write. So naturally, it follows that I would write about writing, right? Uh…right.
(Don’t know what NaNoWriMo is? Click here.)
- Grammar Rules Worth Fighting For
- How I Won NaNoWriMo Six Times (now seven!)
- NaNoPrep: How to Prepare to Write a Novel in a Month
- Ten Thoughts You Have When You Finish NaNoWriMo
- The Novel Graveyard: The Fate of my Writing
Goal-Setting and Check-Ins
Every so often, I publish my goals on the blog, in the hopes that I’ll be more likely to stick to them. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. For this overview, here’s a link to my Goal Check-In for 2016 from a few weeks ago, and my “30 Before 30” Twenty-Something Bucket List!
If you browse around Flinntrospection, you’ll find all sorts of things that I haven’t mentioned here. There are discussions on astrology, motivations, blogging and budgeting challenges, my favourite teas and TV shows, and ramblings about my cat…
I’m not yet at a point where I’m narrowing this blog to a particular area. Someday I might. But I’m enjoying the flexibility of a full-on geeky lifestyle blog, so that’s where I’m headed for now. Now that this blogiversary has come and gone, I want to let you all know that my blogging goals and focus for 2017 will be similar to 2016. Perhaps I won’t be averaging a post every 3 days like I did this year, but who knows?
If you’ve been following along for a year now, thanks so much for your support! And if you’re brand new, hello and welcome! I’m so glad you could make it.
Happy Blogiversary and Happy Holidays!